We perform audit services for over 120 clients annually, focusing on the following types of entities:
- Futures Commission Merchants
- Commodity Pools
- Hedge Funds
- Proprietary Trading Firms
- Employee Benefit Plans
- Private Foundations
- Other regulated and non-regulated entities
Broker-dealer clients are comprised of clearing firms, proprietary trading entities and introducing brokers. Hedge fund clients include both domestic and offshore funds which are domiciled in The Bahamas and British Virgin Islands. Non-regulated entities are affiliated with the parents of regulated firms that we audit. Other special audits that we perform include record-keeping for hedge fund managers and audits of 401(k) plans for our broker-dealer and futures commission merchant clients. We also conduct anti-money-laundering (AML) reviews under the requirements of the PATRIOT Act.
- R&J has extensive industry experience and knowledge of the Internal Revenue Code, international reporting requirements, and gift and estate tax guidelines. R&J continually monitors legislative, regulatory, and pertinent developments in all areas of taxation.
- R&J prepares tax returns for over 90% of our audit clients. We also perform tax services for execution groups, brokers and proprietary traders.
- R&J specializes in various entity structures, including Corporations, S-Corporations, Partnerships, Limited Liability Companies and other pass-through entities, as well as individuals. Individual clients trade securities, futures and options products.
- R&J’s consulting engagements encompass special projects and litigation support services.
- Our special projects clients include large domestic and international banks, futures commission merchants and exchanges. We have performed various projects for the Chicago Board of Trade including cost analyses of open outcry compared to electronic trading.
- Our litigation support services include expert witness work and forensic analysis for issues pertaining to the securities and futures industries.